Vinay Ramani's perspective on the mobile world

Welcome to my blog and thank you for coming! Feel free to hang around and leave me a message if you like.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Republic of China Consulate Experience

My wife and I will be headed to Beijing and Shanghai in September this year as part of an international trip with the Wharton School of Business.

So we had to get visas. This was my first time getting a visa for China, and as any well travelled Indian knows, we have stood in many lines and filled in multiple forms in triplicate to get that elusive visa.

I arrived at the front door of the China consulate where I was asked to take a #. My # was A130. There were about 40 people in the room. So I thought, hmm might take a while. Within 30sec my # was called and I was asked to come to counter 9. There the lady took just 3 things, my application form, 1 photo and passport. Thats it. She then handed me a receipt and said "pick up on Monday, OK?".

I was out of there in under 5 mins.

I'm quite amazed at their efficiency... looking forward to the rest of China!

best,
Vinay


No comments:

Post a Comment